Radio Behind the Lines / Align in the Sound podcast
As the old punk Jello Biafra says: dont hate the media…..
Become the Media!
The mainstream, profit seeking sources of information follow the “if it bleeds, it leads” school of media. This, of course, omits many, many things that do not bleed, are not destructive, and do not induce anxiety. The ways our current decisions will bleed in the future are also left out of the picture.
The true nature and extent of the threats we face, and the huge range of solutions already in existence and being successfully maintained are excluded.
It is these solutions that Radio Behind the Lines and the Align in the Sound podcast focus on.
Of course, solutions cannot be discussed without recognising and analysing the problems they are attempting to solve. To neglect the problem is to risk unwittingly repeating it.
Radio Behind the Lines:
Running continuously on Community Radio 2XX 98.3FM in Canberra, Australia, for more than 30 years, Behind the Lines has held its current format for over 15 years.
Imagine you could have a yarn with an expert or experienced practitioner every week, on any topic you liked?
For 80 minutes….
We have been doing just that for over 15 years!
Exploring solutions to the problems we face, and examining the problems so we can avoid repeating them – Behind the Lines conducts long format interviews with people who are trying to make the world a better place.
We go in depth with people on all sorts of topics, including:
- New Economy
- Regenerative Agriculture
- Climate Mitigation and Adaptation
- First Nations
- Big Corporate Hegemony
- Local Politics
- Blockades and Protests
- Community Renewable Energy
- Social Evolution
- Ethics in Business
- Radical History
- Mental Health
- Conflict Resolution
- Genetically Modified organisms
- and much more.
Align in the Sound podcast:
Align in the Sound grew out of Behind the Lines in 2016.
Align in the Sound combines an archive of old and new Behind the Lines radio shows, combined with New Economy Network of Australia conference talks, CoCanberra / NENA Canberra region meetups, Permaculture conference talks, Asset Based Community Development conference talks, and heaps more!
We would love to expand the Behind the Lines / Align in the Sound team!
Besides the obvious roles of the presenters, there are a myriad of behind the scenes roles that will help us distribute this important information:
- Finding new groups or subjects to cover
- Finding people who can credibly talk about those subjects
- Organising a date and time for a show
- Researching the topic and the interviewee to enable relevant and reasonably intelligent talking points for the interview
- Conducting the interview (presenters)
- Operating the studio equipment during the interview
- Recording the interview
- Editing Australian content recordings from multiple sources
- Uploading the finished recordings into the Align in the Sound podcast
- Looking after social media to promote the show and the podcast
- Fundraising to support the Behind the Lines show, the radio station (Community Radio 2XX 98.3FM), and the Align in the Sound podcast
- Starting a youtube channel for the recordings
- Beginning the NENA Radio (New Economy Network of Australia) project (A show checking in with all of the NENA hubs)
Contact us at email@example.com to help out with any of these tasks.